The mission of the English Montreal School Board is to support its schools and centres in their efforts to educate
students within a caring, safe and inclusive learning community.
- Recognize and value the diversity of its community;
- Provide all students with the opportunity to develop their talents and achieve their personal best;
- Recognize the skills and competencies of its employees and support their continuous professional development;
- Encourage collaboration among the various educational partners;
- Use resources effectively and innovatively to help schools and centres focus on the mission of instruction,
socialization, and qualification;
- Encourage lifelong learning and critical thinking.
The EMSB mission fosters the development of educated and responsible persons who will assume their position
as active members of a democratic society.