Loans and Bursaries
The Loans and Bursaries program is administered by Aide financière aux etudes (AFE), of the Quebec government and is intended to help Quebeckers who do not have sufficient financial resources to pursue full-time studies. Students receiving welfare or employment insurance during their studies are not eligible for Loans and Bursaries.
To qualify for the Loans and Bursaries Program, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a refugee, or a protected person within the
- meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Be a Quebec resident at the time of your application.
- Be admitted to a recognized educational institution.
- Be pursuing full-time studies or are deemed to be pursuing full-time studies in a recognized program.
- Not exceed the maximum number of months of study for which financial assistance may be granted.
- Not have reached the debt limit established for your level of education, type of degree or program.
- Not have sufficient financial resources to pursue your studies.
You do not qualify for the Loans and Bursaries Program if:
- You are serving a prison sentence.
To apply for financial assistance, do not hesitate to apply on-line at the following address: www.afe.gouv.qc.ca and click on On-Line Access to Your File!
Please note that your parents or your spouse can also fill out their declaration forms on-line.
You can also visit the individual who is responsible for Loans and Bursaries at the vocational centre for an application form if you do not have access to the Internet.