Speciality: Chartered Accountant
The following information is from Chartered Accounts of Canada http://www.cica.ca/about-the-profession/what-do-cas-do/index.aspx : Chartered Accountants, or CAs, are business professionals who generally work in four key areas. About 40% of CAs are in Public Practice, while the other 60% are employed in industry, government, or education. Public Practice CAs who work in public practice provide accounting and business advice to clients in areas such as small business tax, audit, information technology, personal financial planning, business valuation, receivership, insolvency and forensic investigation. Industry CAs who work in industry develop financial and administrative policies, analyze information, and provide strategic leadership. CAs add value to organizations as CEO/President, Treasurer/V.P. Finance, Controller, or Systems Developer. Government All levels of government require accounting expertise to guide financial planning and to maintain fiscal control. Federal and provincial departments, Crown corporations and a variety of health-care and welfare organizations employ CAs as tax auditors, policy planners and financial analysts. Education Many Cas are educators who make a valuable contribution to society by teaching future leaders about business, values and ethics.
Chartered accountants (CA) require a university degree and completion of a professional training program approved by a provincial institute of chartered accountants and depending on the province, either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training and membership in a provincial institute of chartered accountants upon successful completion of the Uniform Final Examination (UFE). Licensure by the provincial or territorial governing body is usually required for accountants and auditors practicing public accounting.