While recognizing and respecting individual differences, our mission at Our Lady of Pompei Elementary School is to educate the whole person, including the spiritual dimension. We are committed to the development of the intellectual, physical and social capabilities of all our students through the creation and maintenance of a learning environment that is safe, healthy, trusting and challenging. We believe that success in this endeavor is the outcome of true partnerships between school and community, school and school board, school and home and especially, teacher and student.
In an attempt to fulfill our mandate as an educational institution to "educate, socialize and qualify" the students entrusted to us, we strive to place:
- an emphasis on fairness, because it leads to equity and justice.
- an emphasis on integrity and honesty, because it is the foundation of trust.
- an emphasis on service to each other, because it is the road to quality and excellence.
- an emphasis on personal growth through patience, nurturance and encouragement, because it actualizes potential.
- an emphasis on learning how to learn, because it leads to academic excellence and a life-long love of learning.
- Resource Teachers
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- School Nurse
- Social Worker
- Spiritual and Community Animator
- Dental Hygenist
We recognize that our students bring with them a myriad of abilities. We will develop and provide programs where all children are able to reach their full potential in an educational environment that has the necessary resources and support to meet their different learning styles. We strive to foster in our students a passion for learning, to become literate, adaptable and critical thinkers and thus successful and productive members of society.