Inquiry based Learning using the Internet
WebQuests8:30 am Welcome & Housekeeping
- Introductory remarks
- Introduce Animators team
- Focus of the day
- PowerPoint on WebQuests
- Download the presentation
9:10 am Warm-up
9:30 am WebQuests for learning...
- Article, "WebQuests for Learning: Why WebQuests?" an introduction, Tom March
- Individuals read and in teams discuss reactions to article.
- Following the reading of the article each table receives a laptop computer to answer a question related to the article.
- Teams will adopt the following 4 roles for this activity: Animator, Recorder, Reporter, and Timekeeper.
- Team members brainstorm responses to the questions and using the program, "Microsoft Word" the Reporter documents the answer.
10:15 am- BREAK
10:45 am - WebQuest Familiarization (Tech Fam Tour)
- Tour of the EMSB RECIT site and ICT integration resources
- Teachers' email addresses
- Terminology page (Acronyms )
- Planning an inquiry based learning activity
- Processing for feedback