Suggestions for Student Tech Teams
Your student tech team (STT) could be made up of Cycle 3 students:
· Students from first year cycle 3 and from second year.
· This way students that are first year cycle 3 will still be in your school to train a new batch of first year cycle 3 students in the following year.
Within the STT have student pairs that consist of one first year cycle 3 student, and one second year cycle 3 student. The different student pairs can be “experts” on different peripherals.
· The STT should probably be no larger than 8 students (4 pairs)
· Student pairs can become experts on how to use the:
Ö Digital camera
Ö Making a folder, inserting an image into a program
Ö Creating a link in Netscape Composer
Training the STT:
· Perhaps a teacher in the school that knows how to use these peripherals can train the STT with another teacher.
· Step by step instructions (job aids) on how to use the digital camera and the scanner could be made.
· The scanner job aids could be taped on to the top of the scanner.
· The digital camera job aid could be placed with the digital camera.
When a class requires assistance they can then call upon the STT to help them out.
· A list of the STT members can be available to all teachers.
· When the STT goes into a class for an intervention, they should show students (where feasible) how to do the task in question rather than do it for them.
· Students from the STT should not be taken out of their classroom for long periods of time.