First Meeting 2001-02
Technology in the Inclusive Classroom
Resource Teachers' Network Workshop8:30 am Welcome & Housekeeping
- Introductory remarks
- History of the network (June 2000-June 2001)
- Resource Teachers network goal for the current school year
- Collaborative teaching teams
- Introduce Animators team
Focus for the day - Technology in the Inclusive Classroom
8:50 am Warm-up
- Making the Connection
9:40 am Collaborative teaching in the Inclusive Class
- Article, "Co-teaching: Are two heads better than one in an Inclusion Classroom?"
- Individuals read and in teams discuss reactions to article.
- Brainstorming: Following the reading of the article each table receives a sheet with one question appearing at the top.
- Teams will adopt the following 3 roles for this activity: Animator, Reporter, and Timekeeper.
- Team members brainstorm responses to the questions.
Time: 5 minutes
10:30 am- BREAK
11:00 am - Technology Familiarization (Tech Fam Tour)
- Tour of the EMSB RECIT site and ICT integration resources
- RTN email addresses
- Browsing the on-line resources - The EMSB RECIT Links page
- Terminology page (Acronyms )
- Planning an ICT inclusive activity/project
- Processing for feedback on future meetings