IT IS THE SCHOOL'S RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- ensure that no software is copied to or from any computers without appropriate authorization;
- clearly communicate to students and parents, the purposes, benefits, and possible risks associated with the use of Internet resources prior to providing access to such resources;
- issue Internet/e-mail accounts only to those students and teachers who have signed the Agreement Form (Appendix 2) attached to the Information and Communication Technologies Access and Acceptable Use Policy;
- ensure that the terms of license agreements between software vendors and the school are observed by all users of the software;
- ensure that students are supervised when using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
The school is NOT responsible for any loss or damage to users data or disks or for any other problems incurred as a result of using its ICT services, whether the cause originates with the user (for example, misuse of equipment, work left unattended, etc.) or from another source (for example, computer viruses, equipment malfunction, etc.).