Resources | Conclusion
You are a dedicated and enthusiastic travel agent who
wants to be prepared to provide the ultimate vacation packages for
any client that uses your agency.
A country has invited you to come for a visit to take in
the sites and tourist attractions in the hopes that you will
produce a favourable Tourist Brochure to attract visitors
to their country. Using the Internet you will take a virtual visit
to the country and create a travel brochure in Power Point that
will be between three and five slides long.
- Choose a partner for this activity and together you will
create the Travel Brochure. A country will be assigned to
- First decide on who your target audience for the travel
brochure will be. Will it be catering to a rich
clientele? The average traveler or the budget traveler?
- Brainstorm what elements should go into the travel brochure
based on your target audience. (Remember you only have 3-5 slides
- Create a folder on the computer and give it the name of the
country that you are doing.
- Use the Internet to research the country that you have been
assigned and select the information based on your brainstorming.
- NOTE: Keep an Image Log of any images that
you take from the Internet.
- This will help you when you are completing your
bibliography. The Image Log will also come to your
rescue if you happen to loose an image that you were saving in
your folder - you can refer back to the log to locate it.
- Add at least one scan from a hard copy source, such as a book,
to your power point.
- Optional - Add at least one sound recording to your
- Make sure that any information that you take, either from a
book or the Internet (Netcitation), is properly cited.
- Once you have gathered your research do a PMI (Plus, Minus,
Interesting) Chart . What was Plus, Minus, and
Interesting about the section(s) of the site you
- Based on your PMI chart, scans, and sounds, revise your
brainstorming list and narrow down the list to include only the
most pertinent items in your power point.
- Storyboard your 3-5 slides before beginning your power point.
- That is: What images will go on what slide? What will your
text be? What kind of effects and animations will you
- This will give you a clear direction as to how your power
point will look and save you a lot of time.
- Then start your power point.
- Remember, you have a limited
amount of time in which to create the power point so deal
with content first and save the "bells and whistles" for
Consult the following websites to gather your
Present your Travel Brochures to the rest of the class,
obtain feedback and reflect on the process.
Workshops Page | WebQuest
Workshop | EMSB RECIT Home