Parents who are interested in registering their child(ren) at St. Dorothy should contact us for information about eligibility and programs. St. Dorothy also registers new students throughout the school year, however, acceptance depends on classroom availability and area of residence.
How do I register?
If you are interested in registering your child(ren) for the 2018-2019 school year, the dates to register are as follows:
|January 29 to February 2, 2018
||February 5 to February 9, 2018
To register your child, please make an appointment with the school secretary. We will have appointments available during the day and/or after school.
If you already have a child registered in our school, please make an appointment during the sibling registration dates indicated above.
What should I bring with me?
In order to qualify for English instruction in Quebec public schools, students must meet certain eligibility criteria under the Charter of the French Language as set out by the Quebec government.
When you come for your appointment, please bring the following documents to ensure that you will obtain your child’s Certificate of Eligibility:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- The birth certificate of the parent who received their education in English
- The Permanent Code of the parent or sibling who received their education in English (High School, College or University transcript or the Certificate of Eligibility of the parent or sibling who is currently attending, or did attend, an English school)
- Your current address and phone numbers
- Your child’s Medicare card number and expiration date
- Social Insurance Number of one or both parents
- Your child's vaccination booklet
*Please note that all the documents and information have to be brought to your registration appointment to ensure that you receive your child’s Certificate of Eligibility as soon as possible.
It is necessary to bring all the original documents listed above. The school will then apply for the Certificate of Eligibility and you will receive it in the mail. You must return to the school with your original Certificate of Eligibility to validate your registration with the school board.