With a stable enrollment of 545, the English Montreal School Board’s (EMSB) very own virtual school, named EMSB Virtual Learning, has been going very well, according to Principal Christy Tannous. And it might even continue to play a crucial role when the pandemic is over.
WELCOME TO EMSB VIRTUAL LEARNING
Our Message to Parents
Our shared vision for Virtual Learning is to create a community of learners focused on engagement and connection. Our staff work hard to ensure your children achieve the same curriculum objectives at home.
Our staff continue to evolve as the needs of our school change regularly. As of early November, we have 60 teaching staff, supported by 25 additional employees to ensure a quality education for our 540 students. We are also supported by a group of professionals in our Student Services Department that help ensure coordination with base schools for our special needs students.
We also need your support to help us create an amazing, unique, challenging and unparalleled learning experience.
It is important to note that the Virtual Learning setting is for students, or a member of their household, who have a condition which makes them vulnerable to CoVid-19. It is NOT for students who have to temporarily quarantine.
- Complete the form: Accommodations for Students with Specific Medical Conditions (click to download).
- Submit your request form, along with a medical note from a licensed MD, to your child’s school. Make sure to properly identify child and grade.
- Once applications are received, a committee will process the request. This may take up to 5 business days.
- When possible, students are expected to continue attending class while waiting for approval.
- Once a request has been approved, the parents will be advised.
- It may take up to 5 business days for the student to receive a schedule as well as all Google Classroom links.