- Why register your child at Saint Monica School? The answer is simple. Saint Monica gives your child exceptional opportunities to grow and succeed a modern Quebec society, all in a nurturing and caring environment. We are proud of what we can offer each and every child.
- Each child at Saint Monica is part of our family. Classes are fully integrated so that students can learn from each other and benefit from the multicultural richness our community has to offer. Teachers encourage innovation and imagination, cultivating each child's gifts.
- Students at Saint Monica benefit from a completely bilingual education program, offering a 50/50 split between English and French instruction, providing the best of both worlds and a linguistic advantage in today's global society. Learn more...
- In addition to Saint Monica's own gymnasium and school yard, the school has easy access to excellent sports facilities. Whether it's skating at the Doug Harvey Arena, active play at the sports fields and playgrounds in Benny Park or swimming at the NDG Sports Arena, the options are just steps away. Learn more...
- With electronic smartboards in every classroom, Saint Monica offers students a modern educational experience that allows teachers to use the internet and other digital resources to enhance classroom learning. Computers are also found in every classroom, along with a well-equipped computer lab.
- Saint Monica's award-winning community garden is a wonderful opportunity for students to take advantage of agrigulture in an urban setting. Conveniently located on school grounds, gardening teaches students about plant biology and encourages healthy eating habits as students get to eat what they planted with their own hands. Learn more...
- mar 12
First day back to school
- mar 15
School-wide trip to Cabane à sucre
- mar 16
St. Patrick's Day theme
- mar 22
Grades 5 and 6
- Mar 28
Parent workshop: "Let's Talk About Bullying" 6-8 pm
- mar 30
School & daycare closed
- apr 2
School & daycare closed
- apr 16
School Closed, Daycare Open
What's Happening at Saint Monica?
New Mackay Centre Construction Update
Construction has begun on the new building for the Mackay Centre and Philip E. Layton schools. The new school will be built on Terrebonne Street, in back of École Marc Favreau. The project will take two years to complete and will be ready to house students in late 2018.
St. Monica School has been working with the EMSB, and will inform parents throughout each phase of the construction to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible.
For weekly updates, please visit the EMSB website.
New BASE Daycare Technician
St. Monica School has a new BASE Daycare Technician, Ms. Angela Zambito. She can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone by calling BASE St. Monica at (514) 369-0087.
Please send comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2013-2018 English Montreal School Board.