The English Montreal School Board (EMSB), emAPPetizer Inc. and Microsoft Canada jointly unveiled the newest generation of their hallmark mobile app Hall Monitor at a press conference on Tuesday at Carlyle Elementary School in Town of Mount Royal. Hall Monitor allows school administrators to quickly identify and look up student and classroom information within their daily rounds, during meetings or in emergency situations.
See our photo album and press release
Subscription-based online resources available to EMSB users - from school or from home!
Click to view our collection of online resources.
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE! When you see how useful this collection of resources is, you’ll be glad you did.
- To celebrate, Cafeteria and Nutrition Education Services of School Organization has prepared an array of nutrition activities. The campaign aims to promote healthy eating habits on a daily basis by promoting nutrition awareness and increasing nutrition knowledge. Click here for more details.
- Continuing the strong tradition of arts at the EMSB, Marymount Academy in N.D.G. hosted the EMSB’s inaugural slam poetry/spoken word competition. Entitled “Speak Up Montreal!” the competition featured students presenting slam poetry, known as well as spoken word poetry, a modern art which invites individuals to express their feelings and emotions without inhibitions or rules in a style mirroring hip-hop music. Left to right are winners Nayem Alam (Marymount), Alexia Montuori (Laurier Macdonald HS), Melissa Montuori (Laurier Macdonald HS), Mathias McRae (Marymount) and Amanda Mastrogiovanni (Laurier Macdonald).
- See flyer
- A sponsor of EMSB Volunteer Appreciation Evening. See Prese release
- International Students
- EMSB Virtual Library
- Three-year plan 2013-16
- Province-wide Success Rate Chart
- Public Notices
- Nous Sommes Bilingues
- School Emergency Program
- Air Quality at our schools
- Offers of Employment
- Student Ombudsman Complaint Procedures
- Ombudsman's Annual Report
- Centre of Excellence for Speech and Language Development
- Fielding Focus Monthly Newsletter
- IB-PYP Schools
- The EMSB Blog
- Mental Health Resource Centre
- PSBGM Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Automated Teacher Substitution System (ATSS)
What is new at the EMSB?
The Council of Commissioners of the English Montreal School Board has approved a proposal for the ten (10) electoral divisions on the Board’s territory for the purposes of the general election of school commissioners to be held on November 2, 2014. See electoral division information...
Touching BASE newspaper, click here
Consultation documents for the relocation of Philip E. Layton and the implementation of AEVS Action Plan - Phase II.Hearings for implementation of AEVS Action Plan - Phase II on Monday February 24 at 7:00pm.
The English Montreal School Board has recorded the second highest success rate (82.3 percent) on the island of Montreal, meaning it followed the progression of students from 2005 to their graduating year in 2012.
See the full chart
Add Email Address - This information is used to update the Student Record for further communication electronically with parents/guardian, click here
- Wed Mar 26
Next Board Meeting
- Wed Mar 18
Hearings for the relocation of P.E. Layton School
Laurence Patterson Conference Room - Administration Building
Central Parents’ Committee,
Regional Parents’ Committee and Advisory Committee on Special Education Services