WELCOME TO QUEBEC VIRTUAL ACADEMY
An initiative of the Ministère de l’Éducation with the participation of the nine English school boards.
In the spring of 2022, the English Montreal School Board submitted a pilot project on behalf of the anglophone community. We are pleased to announce that the pilot project was accepted. In collaboration with the MEQ, students in the following situation may be eligible for the delivery of remote education to complete all their academic requirements.
- Student with a long-term medical condition who cannot attend school in presence because of the severity of their needs. All requests must be accompanied by a recent (less than three months) recommendation from a professional in the Health and/or Social Services Sector;
- Student in a Sport-étude program / elite athlete whose academic needs cannot be met in their local school, due to lack of accessibility to specific courses (e.g. scientific math, chemistry, physics) or distance and scheduling conflict with the sport organization and school;
- Student who lives in a rural area whose academic needs cannot be met in their local school, due to lack of accessibility to specific courses (e.g. scientific math, chemistry, physics) and where transportation to an alternative school is not an option.
Although physical school attendance is compulsory and beneficial for all students, we understand that for some students that this may pose a challenge and as a result, the following project has emerged and gives an opportunity to better meet the needs of all our students.
The project has been accepted for the 2022-2023 school year.
Only students living in Quebec and eligible for English education can attend the Quebec Virtual Academy
In order to apply, please ensure that you have English eligibility. For more information about English eligibility, please visit
- Complete the form: Quebec Virtual Academy application form
- Upon completion of the form, you will receive an email with a link to upload the required documents in a secure folder (please allow 2 business days for the folder link).
- Once applications are received, a multidisciplinary team will process the request. This may take up to 5 business days.
- When possible, students are expected to continue attending school while waiting for approval.
- Once a request has been approved, the parents will be advised by email.
- The first day of school is to be determined.