EMSB will fully cooperate with MEES inquiry
The English Montreal School Board (EMSB) has issued this in response to the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur’s (MEES) announcement that an investigation has been launched.
- We have absolutely nothing to hide and the MEES will have the full cooperation of the EMSB’s governance and management in the completion of their work.
- This inquiry has caught us completely by surprise
giventhe fact that the previous Liberal government had assigned two auditors to review certain EMSB practices. One found no irregularities and the other deposited her report with former Minister Sébastien Proulx in June 2017. The EMSB never heard back from the Ministry about the second report. Our natural conclusion over the last eighteen months is that again, there were no irregularities.
- CAQ Minister of Education, Jean-François Roberge stated himself during his press conference today, that these are merely allegations. Nothing has been determined as factual. Nonetheless, an investigation has been launched.
- It was also stated today, that no specific member of governance nor management is targeted by this investigation.
- Minister Roberge also stated in his press release that “Un travail
remarquable se faitauprès des élèves de la Commission scolaireEnglish-Montréal…”. We want our stakeholders to know that it will be business as usual at our schools and centres. We continue to take great pride in the fact that we have one of the highest success rates of any public school board in the province and our enrolment is also on the rise.
- The EMSB will refrain from making any further comment at the present time.
Michael J. Cohen
Communications and Marketing Specialist
English Montreal School Board
(514) 483-7200, ext. 7243